1 My multi great-grandfather Thomas Hubbard was burned at the stake in 1555 for failure to recant his religion. This doesn't fully explains certain non compliant family traits but it goes a long way.
Sigh, it's always an honor just to be nominated to participate.Especially when it comes via co-author of the Age of Conversation Connie Reece who was tagged by a fellow author Greg Verdino, Chief Strategy Officer at Crayon.
Greg cites Valeria Maltoni's article here for writing something that convinced him this game has a useful purpose.
The end result puts me one crayon closer to the center of the current meme: Eight Random Things About Me. So here are my eight not so fascinating things.
3. During high school, I baby sat for a mortician who lived above the shop. Before cell phones & answering machines, I was there to take messages about the newly deceased more than watching kids. Not the beginning nor the end of a varied career.
4. I'm so nice It was hard to put the SOB badge up on my blog.
5. My Irish bachelor uncles taught me as a child to have a passion for the game of football and a good beer. My love of the big 10 is so large it can encompass both their beloved buckeyes AND those Michigan Wolverines.
But if either of them ever play Air Force I'm sitting with the Falcons and cheering with them - not against them - during their sad loss.
Challenge me to a big 10 fight song sing-off & prepare to buy me a vodka gimlet on the rocks.
6. The year I worked for the McGovern campaign I also burned my bra. Back then I didn't need it anyhow.
7. My closest brushes with fame have been sitting on a bar stool next to Soupy Sales, being baptized by Spencer Tracy's look-alike cousin & being three degrees of separation from William Shatner.
8. One of my four children weighed 9lbs 12 oz at birth. Even then, I feel privileged to have been parent to each.
But enough about me. Now it's time to tag 8 others to play the Eight Random Things About Me meme. Get ready to babble: Dan Mosqueda, Chris Abraham, Annie Boccio, Godie Katsu, Andy Bilodeau, Wicked Step-Mom, and Ann of Ohio
If you've already played, please nominate someone else and let me know so I can give them a mention here and see what they're all about.
As Connie Reece says: "It’s not like you’ll have 8 years of bad luck if you don’t play along with the 8 Things meme … but we’d love to learn more about you."